Position: Junior Health and Safety officer
Reference Code: GAP-0322-BK
G.A.P. Vassilopoulos Group was established in 1964. Today it is a contemporary and adaptive organization, rated amongst the 25 biggest companies in Cyprus, operating within the services sector by providing a variety of related services under one roof as a one-stop shop.
The Group operates via a network of over 3.000 offices and associates throughout Cyprus, the United Kingdom, Germany, Ireland, Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg and Israel. It employs over 1.200 highly educated and experienced personnel, utilizing the latest hardware technology and most innovative software and systems.
We are currently seeking to recruit a professional and dynamic individual for the position of Bookkeeper, to be based in our Head office in Nicosia.
The successful candidate will be responsible for processing payments, accounts payable and receivable, together with entering and verifying bills, invoices and purchase orders for clients. Furthermore, the successful candidate will be responsible for performing customer invoicing and depositing cheques, performing monthly bank reconciliation and analysis of accounts, completing physical bank deposits and for ensuring cash adequately stocked.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the daily bookkeeping and record transactions on the accounting system
- Reconciling bank statements creditors and debtors
- Receive and check payable invoices
- Prepare and submit weekly / monthly report
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Bringing the books to the trial balance stage
- Assist with other accounting projects
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Holder of LCCI / AAT certificates
- Proven experience in an accounting office will be considered an advantage
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Working knowledge of CYCOM accounting software will be considered an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of excel and other accounting software
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Fluent in Greek and English
A very attractive package of remuneration depending on experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants should forward their CV’s at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number:
Only applicants whose previous experience and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position will be contacted. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.