Position: Operations Merchandising Manager
Reference Code: GAP-0522-OMM
G.A.P. Vassilopoulos Group was established in 1964. Today it is a contemporary and adaptive organization, rated amongst the 25 biggest companies in Cyprus, operating within the services sector by providing a variety of related services under one roof as a one-stop shop.
The Group operates via a network of over 3.000 offices and associates throughout Cyprus, the United Kingdom, Germany, Ireland, Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg and Israel. It employs over 1.200 highly educated and experienced personnel, utilizing the latest hardware technology and most innovative software and systems.
Due to our expansion, we are currently seeking to recruit a professional and dynamic individual for the position of Operations Merchandising Manager, to be based in our Head office in Nicosia.
The successful candidate will join our team, he/she will be responsible for coordinating and communicating with the clients and managing the merchandising team, ensuring high quality service levels in accordance with defined standards and operation procedures. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious, experienced Operations Manager with good business acumen and commercial flair, to own a growing P&L.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement strategies to increase operational performance
- Develop a strong Merchandising product
- Manage, monitor and develop the merchandising team in all cities
- Identify business opportunities and improve overall market share
- Develop long term partnerships with local partners and customers
- Provide product development, improve business processes and maximise profitability
- Have responsibility for the division budget and P&L
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- University degree in Logistics, Finance, Supply Chain Management or Business Management
- At least 4 years proven working experience in successfully managing Merchandising / Logistics / FMCG operations
- Knowledge and experience in implementing industry best practices and the ability to manage a large number of employees
- Excellent relationships with local Supermarkets and Grocery stores with a deep understanding of pricing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English and Greek)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of FMCG Systems, ERP, Project Management
- Ability to work independently and manage a team
- Excellent customer relationship management skills
- Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
A very attractive package of remuneration will be offered to the successful candidates based on industry knowledge, experience and qualifications. In addition, the successful candidate will have a company car, mobile and would be able to join company’s Provident Fund and Department Bonus Scheme.
Interested applicants should forward their CV’s at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number:
Only applicants whose previous experience and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position will be contacted. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.