Position: Junior Health and Safety officer
Reference Code: GAP-0122-JHS
G.A.P. Vassilopoulos Group was established in 1964. Today it is a contemporary and adaptive organization, rated amongst the 25 biggest companies in Cyprus, operating within the services sector by providing a variety of related services under one roof as a one-stop shop.
The Group operates via a network of over 3.000 offices and associates throughout Cyprus, the United Kingdom, Germany, Ireland, Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg and Israel. It employs over 1.200 highly educated and experienced personnel, utilizing the latest hardware technology and most innovative software and systems.
We are currently seeking to recruit a professional and dynamic individual for the position of Junior Health and Safety officer, to be based in our Head office in Nicosia.
The ideal candidate will receive training and certification to act as the Health and Safety officer of the Group.
The junior officer will control risks at work and ensure that the organization meets current health & safety standards. The ideal candidate should have 2 years’ experience in civil engineering, construction or health and safety related roles.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Co-ordinate, support and advise the business on all aspects with regards to Health and Safety ( H&S )
- Ensure the Company meets statutory obligations in all aspects relating to H&S at work
- Monitor the implementation of protective and preventive measures identified through risk assessments and inspections
- Conduct H&S inspections in the workplace for risk identification
- Investigate and report all incidents, accidents and dangerous occurrences at the workplace
- Work closely with the Safety Representatives and participate in the activities of the H&S committee
- Increase H&S awareness at all levels across the organization
- Act as liaison with all related governmental bodies and regulating authorities
- Any other relevant duties as may be deemed necessary from time to time
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- University Degree in Civil Engineering, Occupational Health and Safety or a related field
- At least 2 year of previous work experience in construction, health and safety or facility management roles will be considered an advantage
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including meeting facilitation and presentations (in English and Greek)
- Strong administrative and prioritization skills, with particular emphasis on detail
- Proficient in MS Office with the ability to learn new software (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
An attractive package of remuneration will be offered to the successful candidates based on industry knowledge, experience and qualifications, which includes provident fund and continues training.
Interested applicants should forward their CV’s at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number:
Only applicants whose previous experience and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position will be contacted. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.